RTI Conference on March 2 at Udupi
A district-level conference on Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 is being organised by the Human Rights Protection Foundation (HRPF) at the Vaikunta Baliga College of Law, Udupi, Karnataka on March 2, 2015. The objective of the conference is to bring together users of the RTI Act and those who may be interested in its use. Bhaskar Prabhu, convenor of Mahiti Adhikar Manch, would be the resource person for the conference. The topics to be discussed at the conference are:
· Correct application of the RTI Act;
· Difficulties faced and solutions;
· Use of the RTI Act to conduct social audits and inspections; and
· The Whistle-blowers Protection Act.
The programme for the conference is as follows:
· Date: 02 March, 2015
· Time: from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
· Fee: There is no entry or registration fee for the conference.
Those desiring to have answers to specific questions can send their queries through email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on February 28 and these queries shall be given first priority at the conference. For any information or clarification, one can call at: +91 810 566 9702.