RTI application and first appeal was filed at an incorrect address - No reply was received - CIC: it is possible that the RTI application may not have been received by the appropriate officer; The appellant is advised to use the correct address21 Nov, 2015
1. Shri Vishvamitra Srivastava and Shri Manoj Srivastava, filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) on 22.06.2013 with the CPIO, DoPT, North Block, Room No. 408, A Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi seeking information pertaining to action taken on the representation of appellant dated 13.03.2013 addressed to Law Minister, Government of India wherein his attention was drawn to the assurance given by the President of India and Prime Minister of India to the effect that corruption and crime would be eradicated and issue notification/ordinance for improvement in Law.
2. Since no response received from the CPIO, the appellant filed the first appeal dated 01.08.2013 with the FAA, DoPT, North Block, Room No. 408, A Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi. The appellant filed the second appeal dated 21.11.2013 before the Commission.
3. The appellant and the respondent were not present despite notice.
4. The Commission observes that the RTI application dated 22.06.2013 was filed before the CPIO, DoPT, North Block, whose address was indicated as Room No. 408, A Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001. Since the office of the CPIO, DoPT is not located in Shastri Bhawan, it is possible that the RTI application may not have been received by the appropriate officer/CPIO.
5. In view of the position stated in para 4 above, the appellant is advised to address the RTI application and /or the first appeal to the appropriate CPIO/Officer at the correct address. For this purpose he may visit the website of the concerned Department /Ministry to know the details in this regard.
6. No further action is considered necessary in the present appeal.
7. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Vishvamitra Srivastava & Manoj Srivastava v. DoPT in Decision No.CIC/DS/A/2013/002747/SB/