The relevant rules for ITBP officials to take membership of any non government organisation, details of authority to give permission was sought - PIO: the ITBP is an exempted organisation u/s 24(1) of the RTI Act - CIC: no further action is required
1. The appellant filed an application dated 27.02.2013 under the RTI Act seeking information regarding the rules about Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officials for becoming members of any non government organisation, details of authority to give permission, etc. CPIO responded on 03.04.2013. Appellant filed first appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 20.04.2013. FAA vide order dated 13.06.2013 upheld the decision of the CPIO. Appellant filed this present appeal on 17.10.2013.
2. Respondent was present before the Commission.
3. Respondent referred to the RTI application of the appellant and stated that the appellant was seeking information regarding the relevant rules for ITBP officials to take membership of any non government organisation, details of authority to give permission, etc.
4. Respondent stated that the ITBP is an exempted organisation under Chapter VI section 24(1) Nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the intelligence and security organisations specified in the Second Schedule, being organisations established by the Central Government or any information furnished by such organisations to that Government: Provided that the information pertaining to the allegations of corruption and human rights violations shall not be excluded under this sub-section: of the RTI Act except for allegations of corruption and human rights issues.
5. Respondent stated that they had informed the appellant on 03.04.2013 that the requisite information did not fall in the category of information that could be supplied by the ITBP. Respondent stated that the information sought by the appellant had no relation to the allegations of corruption and human rights issues.
6. Respondent stated that there was no delay on their part in replying the RTI application. Respondent stated that they had received the RTI application on 06.03.2013 and replied on 03.04.2013.
7. Appellant did not participate in the hearing.
8. Respondent has acted in conformity with the RTI Act.
9. No further action is required to be taken in the matter at the level of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri N.C. Tiwari v. Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) in Decision No.CIC/SS/A/2013/002652/VS/07070