President's Fleet Review costed over Rs 23 crore
The President Pratibha Patil undertook the fleet review on 20th December 2012 in which a flotilla of 81 ships, four submarines and 44 aircraft of the Navy and the Indian Coast Guard participated. The President's Fleet Review of the Navy is an event held once in the President's tenure during which the supreme commander of the armed forces inspects the maritime prowess of the force. It took place in 2011.
Documents revealed by the Western Naval Command headquarters in response to an application filed under the RTI Act has revealed that the Indian Navy has spent over Rs 23 crore on the President's Fleet Review attended by President Pratibha Patil.
- Furniture: Rs 26.96 lakh was spent to acquire new furniture which included 30 dining tables and 60 dining chairs, besides other furniture for VIPs and other staff.
- Presidential banquet: Rs 17.57 lakh was spent on the presidential banquet for 960 guests.
- Presidential yacht: Rs 2.11 lakh on catering on the presidential yacht for 760 invitees.
- Wages and salaries: Nearly Rs 1 crore
- Cattle fence at Vijaya garden: Rs 14 lakh.
- Repairs to the staircase: Rs 14 lakh
- Fountain: Rs 6 lakh.
- The naval authorities had budgeted for Rs 12 lakh for water and Rs 28.14 lakh for fresh provisions.
The infrastructure costs amounted to Rs 11.67 crore.