List of the staffs in sensitive position who had not been transferred as per the transfer policy was sought - PIO: copy of transfer policy & related circulars provided claiming that the query was not clear - CIC: provide the information
1. The appellant filed an application dated 30.07.2012 under the RTI Act seeking information regarding the policy about transfer of staff members who are in sensitive post and related issues. Copy of CPIO reply is not enclosed. Appellant filed appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 12.09.2012. FAA vide order dated 21.09.2012 provided some information to the appellant. Appellant filed this present second appeal on 01.10.2012.
2. Appellant referred to his RTI application and stated that he was seeking information regarding the policy about transfer of staff members who were in sensitive posts and related issues.
3. Appellant stated that certain policies were made by the Railway Board for transfer of staff members who were in sensitive post in Railways. Appellant stated that based on the policy some staffs had been transferred but some staff had not been transferred. Appellant stated that in this light he wanted to have a copy of office order connected with those who had not been transferred.
4. Appellant stated that he wanted to have list of the staffs who had not been transferred under the policy for each department for a particular period.
5. Respondent stated that they had provided copy of transferred policy and related circulars to the appellant. Respondent stated that other information sought in the RTI application could not be provided because the appellant had not specified what information he wants in the RTI application. Respondent stated that the information sought in the RTI application was unclear.
6. Respondent stated that without specific details it was not possible for them to provide the information to the appellant. Respondent stated that if the appellant specifies the information which he wanted to, that would be provided to the appellant.
7. Respondent is directed to provide to the appellant, within 30 days of this order the information as per para 5 above as is available with the respondent. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Ramesh Kumar Jha v. E.C. Railway in Appeal No. CIC/ AD/A/2012/003577/VS