Information relating to use of cell phone during recruitment rallies & related issues was sought - Respondent: Maj VK Gupta, RMO, be directed to explain to the applicant, his wife, the functioning of the organization - CIC: provide a copy of the guideline
Vide RTI dt 10.2.13, appellant had sought information on 4 points relating to use of cell phone during recruitment rallies and related issues.
2. CPIO vide letter dt 1.4.13, forwarded the reply dt 18.3.13 of Director, RTG, Col Saikia and informed appellant that the information pertains to departmental functioning and cannot be divulged to a civilian. However, Maj VK Gupta, RMO, be directed to explain to the applicant, his wife, the functioning of the organization.
3. An appeal was filed on 17.4.13.
4. Sub Maj/Asstt Director, RTG, provided a response on 15.5.13 referring to RTI and the appeal.
5. Submissions made by the appellant and public authority were heard. Public authority submitted that directions relating to use of cell phones is issued by the local Director for the rallies and in the instant case also, the local Director would have issued specific guidelines relating to use of cell phones.
6. The Commission directs PIO to provide a copy of the guidelines to the appellant issued by the then Director regulating use of cell phones. The above directions be complied with within two weeks from date of receipt of the order. The appeal is disposed of.
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Ms. Anamika Gupta v. Army Recruiting Office in File No.CIC/SS/A/2013/002649/RM