Information regarding reason for not making payment to the widow of an employee, etc was sought - Appellant: the widow was entitled for family pension as the employee joined in 2002 before the new pension policy - Grievance resolved - CIC: provide status
1. The appellant filed an application dated 02.09.2011 under the RTI Act seeking information regarding the details of payment made to the widow of an employee, details of family pension, reason for not making payment to the widow of an employee, etc. Copy of CPIO reply is not enclosed. Appellant filed first appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 20.10.2011. FAA vide order dated 09.11.2011 denied the information on the ground of third party information. Appellant filed this present appeal on 01.03.2013.
2. Appellant and respondent were present before the Commission.
3. Appellant referred to the RTI application and stated that he was seeking information regarding the details of payment made to the widow of an employee, details of family pension, reason for not making payment to the widow of an employee, etc.
4. Appellant stated that an employee had expired on 15.06.2007. The employee joined the service in 2002. Appellant stated that the respondent organisation denied provision of family pension to the widow of the said employee on the untenable ground of new pension policy.
5. Appellant stated that the new pension policy was introduced only in 2004. Appellant stated that the employee in question joined the service in 2002 therefore, the widow was entitled for family pension.
6. Appellant stated that they had received a letter from the respondent organisation stating that the widow of the said employee was entitled for family pension.
7. Respondent stated that the grievance has been redressed.
8. Respondent is directed to provide to the appellant, within 30 days of this order, the information about the updated status about the payment that were due. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Rajender Prasad v. Northern Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/A/2013/000882/VS/08095