Information regarding a police complaint filed against the appellant by his wife - PIO: information is part of investigation and would be provided at the time of submission of charge sheet - CIC: the investigation is over & information should be provided
1. The Appellant through his RTI application dated 22.06.2012 sought information against 9 points
(including, copy of “Istridhan” list submitted by his complainant as per Rule 2 of DP Act at the time of marriage; in case she has submitted the list other than said list, action taken by IO/CAW;
certified copy of Receipts/Bills/Cash memo of articles mentioned in Istridhan list submitted by his wife/complainant;
if complainant has not submitted the receipt/bills/cash memo, action taken by IO to get said receipts and so on)
in respect of a complaint filed against him by his wife Ms. Nidhi with CAW cell of Delhi Police.
2. The CPIO vide his letter dated 25.07.2012 gave pointwise reply to the Appellant. As for point No.1, the CPIO requested the Appellant to obtain the photocopy of list (13 pages) of Stridhan submitted by Smt. Nidhi in CAW Cell after depositing the requisite fee. As for point No. 2, CPIO stated that no other list has been submitted by Smt. Nidhi. As for point Nos. 3 to 8, the CPIO informed that information sought in these points is part of investigation and that no FIR is registered in the present case/complaint so far. He added that no investigation is carried out in CAW Cell except counseling for reconciliation of issues. As regards, point No.9, the CPIO gave the requisite information.
3. Aggrieved by the reply of the CPIO, the Appellant filed an appeal before the Appellate Authority on 31.07.2012 which the Appellate Authority decided vide his order dated 29.08.2012 providing further information to the Appellant as furnished by the CPIO by way of his comments to the Appellate Authority.
4. The Appellant then filed the present appeal before the Commission requesting for disclosure of information in respect of point Nos. 3 to 9 of his RTI application.
5. During the hearing, the Respondents inform the Commission that the investigation in the present case has since been completed and that the charge sheet is to be filed in the court. They mention that at the time of submission of the charge sheet, a copy of whole set of documents, which also includes the information in question here, would be provided to the Appellant as well being the accused in the instant case.
6. Considering the fact that the investigation is over in the present case, the CPIO is hereby directed to provide the information in question to the Appellant within 15 days of receipt of this order.
Citation: Shri Rajan Bhasin v. Delhi Police in Case No. CIC/SS/A/2013/900043