Information regarding NOC, approval, etc of a particular HSD pump was sought by the appellant - Respondent: The hearing notice in respect to referred RTI application was not received & they were not ready for hearing in the matter - CIC: Matter adjourned
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 19.02.2016 seeking information regarding NOC, approval, etc of HSD pump located at survey no. 10/ 1KHA, Kotma Road Distt. Anooppur etc.
2. The CPIO responded on 16.03.2016. The appellant filed first appeal dated 04.04.2016 with First Appellate Authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 28.04.2016. The appellant filed second appeal on 16.08.2016 before the Commission on the ground that information should be provided to him.
3. The appellant and the respondent Mrs. Rachna participated in the hearing through VC.
4. The appellant referred to his RTI application and stated that the sought for information has not been provided to him.
5. The respondent stated that they have not received the hearing notice in respect to referred RTI application. Hence, they were not ready for hearing in the matter. The respondent requested for fixing a new date of hearing in the matter.
6. The Commission observed that the respondent did not receive the notice of hearing, thus, the matter may be adjourned.
7. The matter is adjourned. The Dy. Registrar is directed to relist the matter on next date and separate notice of hearing shall be issued to the parties.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Sunil Kumar Chourasiya v. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in Appeal No. CIC/HPCLD/A/2016/298720 Dated of Decision: 15.11.2017