Information pertaining to recalculation of interest on certain deposits - FAA informed that the information is still awaited from PIO - the respondent did not participate in the hearing - CIC: inform the interest that is due from the FDRs to the appellant
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 16.07.2012 seeking information pertaining to recalculation of interest on certain deposits. The appellant filed a first appeal on 23.10.2012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 30.10.2012 and informed the appellant that the information from the CPIO is still awaited. The appellant filed a second appeal on 27.12.2012 with the Commission. Hearing:
2. The appellant participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 16.07.2012 and stated that his father was having certain FDRs in the respondent bank in 1987. The appellant stated that from time to time application was given for the renewal of the FDRs. The appellant stated that the respondent bank has given the interest on FDRs for 5 years up to due date. The appellant stated that he wanted to know how much interest is due till now.
4. The respondent did not participate in the hearing.
5. The respondent is directed to inform the appellant, within 30 days of this order, the interest that is due from the FDRs in context of the RTI application. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Ajay Kumar Dhruv v. Punjab National Bank in Decision No.CIC/VS/A/2013/000300/05655