Information pertaining to appellant’s complaints for the registration of FIR against an unknown culprit for illegal encroachment was denied - CIC: The enquiry has been completed; Provide a copy of the enquiry report along with all annexures and enclosures
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Public Information Officer (PIO), Outer District, Delhi Police seeking information on four points pertaining to his complaints lodged with the Shahbad Dairy Police Station on 23.08.2014 for the registration of FIR against an unknown culprit for illegal encroachment on his plot No. 824, Pocket-A/2, Sector-30, Rohini, Delhi including, inter-alia,
(i) action taken on his complaint dated 23.08.2014 and
(ii) action taken by the Office of DCP, Outer District, Delhi Police regarding the same complaint a copy of which was sent to the DCP, Outer District also.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that the information sought has not been provided by the CPIO and FAA on the plea that his complaint is pending enquiry with Police Station, Shahbad Dairy, Outer District. The appellant stated that the FAA upheld the decision of the PIO and disposed of his appeal without providing him an opportunity of being heard.
3. The appellant Shri Nanak Chand Garg and the respondent Dinesh Kumar, ACP, Outer District, Delhi Police was present in person.
4. The appellant submitted that he had sought the action taken on his complaint lodged with Police Station Shahbad Dairy on 23.08.2014. The appellant further submitted that instead of providing information, he was informed that since the enquiry in the matter is pending, information cannot be provided to him. The appellant also stated that the respondent may be directed to provide the status of his complaint to him.
5. The respondent submitted that point wise information was provided to the appellant vide letter dated 06.07.2016. Further, at the time of responding to the RTI application, the matter was pending enquiry and hence, the action taken on his complaint could not be provided to him. The respondent further submitted that the enquiry has since been completed on 12.08.2016.
6. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of both the parties and perusing the records, observes that the enquiry in the matter has been completed on 12.08.2016. The Commission, therefore, directs the respondent to provide a copy of the enquiry report dated 12.08.2016 along with all annexures and enclosures to the appellant within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
7. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
8. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Nanak Chand Garg v. PIO, Rohini District, Delhi Police in Decision No. CIC/DEPOL/A/2017/309803 Dated 18.10.2017