Information about certain roll numbers was sought - UGC transferred the RTI application to Global Open University - CIC: The Global Open University is recognized by UGC & the information sought could have been obtained from the University concerned
1. Shri Gagandeep Singh, the appellant, wanted to know whether Roll no. TGOU/PG/840/LLM/2009J & Roll No. M.Phil/6737/ECO/2008D were issued by Global Open University, Nagaland; name of the student to whom these roll nos. were issued in 2008- 2010 session and name of appellate authority of Global Open University.
2. The CPIO, UGC intimated the appellant that the information related to Global Open University and transferred the RTI application to Global Open University, the appellant approached the FAA. The First appeal was also transferred to the Global Open University. Since no reply had been received from University, the appellant came in appeal before the Commission stating that required information had not been provided.
3. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant stated that he wanted to verify that whether Roll no. TGOU/PG/840/LLM/2009J & Roll No. M.Phil/6737/ECO/2008D were issued by Global Open University, Nagaland but no information had been received so far.
4. The CPIO, UGC stated that the RTI application dated 19.07.2010 was transferred to the University concerned on 11.08.2010 and the same was intimated to the appellant. Further the First appeal dated 20.05.2011 of the appellant was also forwarded to the Global Open University on 16.06.2011. However no information had been provided by the Global Open University to the appellant.
5. On hearing both the parties, the Commission observes that the appellant had filed RTI application with UGC and no information had been provided to the appellant so far. The UGC had simply forwarded the RTI application to the University concerned. The Global Open University is recognized by UGC and the information sought could have been obtained from the University concerned.
The Commission therefore directs the CPIO, UGC to obtain the information sought from the Global Open University and provide the same to the appellant keeping the provisions of RTI Act, 2005 in view within 15 days from the date of receipt of this order.
The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Gagandeep Singh, Mansa v. UGC and The Global Open University, Wokha in Appeal No. CIC/RM/A/2013/000409/MP, Date of Decision: August 10, 2017