Information about a certain parking area like drawing of a DDA plan in a shopping centre - PIO: it was planned 20 years ago and the layout plan was not traceable - CIC: provide updated position on RTI application on the basis of the available information
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 24-4-2012 seeking information about a certain parking area.
2. The CPIO responded on 25-5-2012, informing the appellant that the RTI application had been transferred to the concerned CPIO. The appellant filed an appeal with the first appellate authority which is not on record. The FAA responded on 25-8-2012 and directed the CPIO to provide information to the appellant. The appellant approached the Commission on 14-11-2012 in a second appeal.
3. The respondent was present personally in the hearing. He stated that the appellant had sought information regarding the drawing of a DDA plan. The respondent stated that besides the above information, the appellant also wanted details of total number of parking lots approved as per the control plan shown in the above shopping centre and details of total area of each parking lot approved by the DDA.
4. The respondent in his response dated 25-5-2012 had stated that the contents of the application did not concern the Commercial Land Branch, but was related to the Building department of the DDA and the Senior Architect (SZ), hence the RTI application was transferred to the concerned PIO. The Housing and Urban Projects Wing of DDA responded on 5-6-2011 and stated that the scheme of LSC C Block, New Friends Colony was planned more than 20 years ago. He further stated that the layout plan of the market was not traceable in the drawing records room.
5. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
6. The respondent is directed to provide, within 30 days of this order, to the appellant the updated position on the RTI application on the basis of the available information. Appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri N.A.H. Subramanian v. Delhi Development Authority in Decision No.CIC/VS/A/2013/900020/05394