How can a PIO avoid penalty proceedings?
While replying to a RTI application, a PIO should follow some simple things like:
1. Time limit should be strictly followed.
2. Name and Address of the Appellate Authority should be given in all orders.
3. Order should be signed by the PIO and not someone else.
4. Proper sections of the Act should be quoted whenever exemption from disclosure is sought.
5. If the application seeking information is rejected, appropriate reasons should be given.
There should be a proper arrangement for the receipt of the applications in a public authority and such applications should be immediately put up to the PIO for quick disposal.