Duty timings of Staff Nurses who are exempt from night duties - DMC does not have any general rules and each hospital can frame their own rules regarding duty timings nurses - CIC referred the matter to the Commissioner to rationalise the governing rules
1. Appellant submitted RTI application dated 20 July 2012 before the CPIO, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, New Delhi seeking details in respect of the duty timings of those Staff Nurses who are exempt from Night/evening duties and other related information.
2. Vide CPIO’s Order dated 8 August 2012, Appellant was provided with partial information.
3. Appellant preferred first Appeal to the First Appellate Authority.
4. Vide FAA’s order dated 4 October 2012, CPIO’s Order was upheld.
5. Being aggrieved and not being satisfied by the above response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
6. Matter was heard today. Respondents and appellant as recorded above appeared in person and made submissions. Appellant stated that he had received information from the various hospitals under the North Delhi Municipal Corporation and that each of them maintained separate duty timings in and number of day offs allowed to do staff nurses who were exempted from night and evening duties. The CPIO representing the Health Department, North Delhi Municipal Corporation accepted that they did not have any general rules on the subject which were applicable to all the hospitals in their jurisdiction and that each of the hospitals and consequently frame their own rules regarding duty timings of staff nurses who are exempted from night and evening duties and also regarding the number of monthly day – offs that they were entitled to.
7. After hearing the parties Commission notes that information as sought by the appellant has been provided to him. However in the interest of good governance and uniformity in the rules governing staff nurses who are exempted from night and evening duties and also regarding the number of entitled monthly day –offs, the Commission refers this matter to the Commissioner, North Delhi Municipal Corporation so that he may take appropriate action as deemed fit in order to rationalise the rules governing the issue of the RTI application.
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu)
Information Commissioner (DS)
Citation: Shri Eric Wilson v. North Delhi Municipal Corporation in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2012/002630