Copy of Sports Control Board Compendium, funds allocation, budget etc. sought - compendium of instructions are sent by the Corporate Centre to all the circles as a reference and for internal circulation only
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 23.1.2012 seeking a copy of Sports Guidelines Book, information about Sports & Games recruitment, copy of note files of the annual sports budget and guidelines followed for sanction of kit to teams. The PIO responded on 7.2.2012.
2. Not satisfied with the reply of the PIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 13.2.2012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA, while upholding the reply of CPIO on 26.3.2012 on items 1 and 2, directed the CPIO to provide information on items 3 and 4 regarding allotment of funds for sports activities. The CPIO complied with the orders of FAA on 7.4.2012. The appellant approached the Commission on 14.5.2012 in second appeal.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application and reiterated his request on the various points and for having a copy of the Sports Control Board Compendium. The appellant stated that through this compendium, he wanted to assess his prospects for getting employment in the bank.
4. It is evident from the reply of PIO of 7.2.2012 that the compendium in question was available with the respondent, and that it was meant for internal circulation only. This reply was upheld by the first appellate authority.
5. The FAA has stated that in respect of item no.(1), the Sports Control Board Compendium of instructions are sent by the Corporate Centre to all the circles as a reference and for internal circulation only. In respect of item no.(2), the decision of the CPIO is in order as the information sought for is in the nature of clarifications. In respect of items (3) and (4), the CPIO was directed by the FAA to provide the information regarding the allotment of funds for sports activities made by the Corporate Centre.
6. The order of the FAA is adequate, and no further action is needed at the level of the Commission.
7. The respondent was not available during the hearing.
8. Order of the FAA is upheld. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri C. Uttam Kumar v. State Bank of India in Decision No. CIC/VS/A/2012/000178/02916