Copy of letter addressed by Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Hon’ble Chief Justice of High Court of Gujarat to PM making certain allegations against the former Chief Justice of India, Justice Altamus Kabir & PM’s order etc were denied - CIC: Denial upheld
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application dated 19.10.2013 seeking certified copy of letter addressed by Mr. (Justice) Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Hon’ble Chief Justice of High Court of Gujarat to Hon’ble Prime Minister, making certain allegations against the former Chief Justice of India, Mr. (Justice) Altamus Kabir, copy of letter of PMO forwarding it to Hon’ble Supreme Court or Ministry of Law & Justice, certified copy of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s order on the application of Mr. (Justice) Bhaskar Bhattacharya.
2. The CPIO responded on 31.10.2013. The appellant filed first appeal dated 14.11.2013 with the first appe1late authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 18.12.2013. The appellant filed a second appeal on 19.5.2014 with the Commission.
3. The respondent participated in the hearing personally. The appellant was not present.
4. The respondent referred to the appellant’s RTI application dated 19.10.2013 and stated that the information/document sought by the appellant related to third party and the third party has refused disclosure of information. The respondent further stated that they have denied the information/document sought by the appellant. The respondent said that they had replied to the appellant on 31.10.2013 in response to his RTI application. The respondent stated that the FAA, vide his decision dated 18.12.2013 has upheld the reply given by the CPIO.
5. The action/steps taken by the respondent in dealing with RTI application are satisfactory.
6. FAA’s decision is upheld. Commission's intervention is not required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Devesh Aniruddhabhai Bhatt v. Prime Minister’s Office in Appeal No. CIC/RM/A/2014/001982