Complainant: He has neither received the correct voter card nor any response to his RTI application from the ECI - CIC: The Election Commission is advised to look into the grievance of complainant with respect to issuance of his voter card at the earliest
1. The complainant filed RTI application dated 25.9.2014 seeking information regarding time frame within which voter card has to be provided to citizen after receiving correct application form-8 and challan of Rs.10.00; date of receipt and dates of all proceedings till date and the name of the official with designation who kept his application pending; reasons for undue delay in issue of new voter card; present status and the probable date by which voter card will be sent to him etc.
2. The response of CPIO is not on record. The complainant filed a complaint on 9.8.2017 before the Commission on the ground that action should be taken against the respondent.
3. The complainant was heard telephonically. The respondent did not participate in the hearing.
4. The complainant stated that he had submitted an application for issue of correct and new voter card. The complainant further stated that he had also submitted an on line application for issue of voter card. The complainant further stated that neither he has received correct voter card nor any response to his RTI application from the respondent. He stated that his sole interest is issue of his voter’s card.
5. This may be treated as second appeal. The concerned Public Authority is the Election Commission of India. The appropriate CPIO is not known. However, in view of an inordinate delay, the Commission is of the view that a reply should be sent to the complainant on his RTI application dated 25.09.2014 within 15 days of receipt of this order.
6. The Election Commission is also advised to look into the grievance of complainant with respect to issuance of his voter card at the earliest.
6. The CPIO, Election Commission of India is directed to take action as per para 5. The appeal is disposed of.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Mr. Priytosh v. The District Election Officer, District Collector’s Office, Azamgarh in Complaint No.CIC/CC/C/2015/900097 Dated of Decision: 27.09.2017