Appellant was declared fit in remedical test by ITBP Base Hospital in Constable (GD) 2011 – Respondent: The matter relating to review medical examination was subjudice in Delhi HC – CIC: Inform the appellant of the revised result & his selection in ITBP
1.Shri Kali Charan filed a complaint dated 12.07.2012 under the RTI Act, 2005 with the Assistant Director, SSC, Karnataka Kerala region, Bangalore seeking information about the result in respect of Constable (GD) 2011 in ITBP by the Staff Selection Commission.
2. The CPIO concerned transferred the complaint to CPIO, SSC, (NWR), Chandigarh vide his letter dated 17.07.2012. The appellant filed an appeal dated 19.07.2015 to the CPIO, SSC, Bangalore to whom the appeal was originally addressed that the A.D. (NWR), Chandigarh had in the year 2011 informed him that this is a case of SSC, Bangalore. The appellant also stated that he had failed in the medical test but was declared fit in remedical test by ITBP Base Hospital, Delhi. The FAA, SSC, Bangalore vide his Memo dated 27.07.2012 informed him that his appeal has been forwarded to the FAA/Dy Director, SSC, Chandigarh as the recruitment relating to ITBP has been handled by SSC (NWR), Chandigarh. In all, the appellant filed six appeals but in vain as he did not get the information sought by him. Aggrieved by the unhelpful response he received in spite of many reminders and appeals, the appellant filed the second appeal before the Commission on 07.06.2013.
3. The appellant was not present despite notice. The respondent Ms. Jyoti Bala, CPIO and Assistant Director, SSC was present through video conferencing.
4. The respondent submitted that the matter relating to review medical examination and the revised result of Constable (GD) 2011 was subjudice in the High Court of Delhi. The High Court of Delhi has since given a decision in the matter on 31.07.2015. On the basis of that decision, SSC Headquarters has declared the revised result on 29.07.2015. As per the revised result, the appellant Shri Kali Charan has been declared qualified for the post of Constable (GD) in ITBP. The appellant was also informed, when he visited the office of SSC, that his nomination was sent to ITBP vide letter 06.08.2015.
5. The Commission directs the CPIO, SSC to send a letter to the appellant informing him of the revised result and his selection in ITBP by 28.08.2015. In case the appellant does not receive any information or is still not satisfied with the information he can file a complaint with the Commission.
6. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Kali Charan v. Staff Selection Commission in Decision No.CIC/SM/C/2013/000497/SB/