Appellant: information about the action that has been taken by the Railways against their employee who was allegedly engaged in cheating and causing loss to the private citizen - CIC: inform the status of the complaint; inspection of the file permitted
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 15.12.2012 seeking information about the action taken on the complaint dated 17.8.2012 relating to acts of cheating and fraud by a certain railway official. The CPIO had forwarded the RTI application to the concerned CPIO with a copy to the appellant on 27.12.2012. The appellant filed a second appeal with the Commission on 27.2.2013.
2. The respondent was heard through videoconferencing. He stated that the documents which are available with the respondent organization are incomplete.
3. From the material on record, it appears that the appellant was a complainant who had made a complaint against a member of the railway staff about an allegation pertaining to the cheating of a private citizen and pecuniary loss to that private citizen. The respondent stated that this matter has also been investigated by the police because there is mention about the issue of a warrant. It is, in this background, that the appellant had sought information about the action that has been taken by the Railways against their employee who has engaged in cheating and causing loss to the private citizen. 4. During the hearing, the respondent stated that they will check the available documents in the office and inform the appellate about the latest status of the matter.
5. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
6. The respondent is directed to:
(a) inform the appellant about the updated status of the matters;
(b) enable the appellant to inspect the relevant files and provide photocopies of the pertinent documents; and
(c) comply with the above order within 30 days of this order.
Appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Suresh Prasad v. South Eastern Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/000589/VS/07874