Appellant claimed that the PIO had not responded to the appellant within the time frame - CIC observed that the PIO had sent a point-wise response to the appellant within the stipulated period - CIC directed the PIO to provide the proof of dispatch
Date of Hearing : 29th April, 2016
Date of Decision : 06th May, 2016
1. The appellant, Ms. Bhuvneshwari Kapoor, Chairperson of Himalyan Institute of Health Sciences (HIHS), Shimla submitted RTI application dated 30.01.2014 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Punjab National Bank, Mandi seeking information in respect of C.A. account No. 091100110101385 of HIHS, the names of persons authorized by the Institute to open the account, the KYC details of such authorized persons, the details of transactions made in the account, the balance on the date of her complaint and at the time of closing the account etc. through ten points.
2. Aggrieved with non-receipt of response from the CPIO within the stipulated period, the appellant approached the first appellate authority (FAA) on 10.03.2014. The FAA did not adjudicate on the appeal filed by the appellant.
3. Thereafter the appellant approached the Commission through her appeal dated 23.06.2014.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant’s representative stated that the CPIO had not responded to the appellant within the time frame. He stated that the CPIO’s letter dated 05.03.2014 was received by the appellant on 22.4.2014. The respondents stated that the appellant’s RTI application dated 30.01.2014 was received on 03.02.2014 and the CPIO vide letter dated 05.03.2014 sent a point-wise response to the appellant. They further stated that the response dated 5.2.2014 was sent to the appellant through ordinary post. .
5. Having considered the submissions of both the parties, the Commission observes that the CPIO had sent a point-wise response to the appellant within the stipulated period. However, the CPIO is directed to provide proof of dispatch (copy of relevant portion of the dispatch register) of his response to the appellant, under intimation to the Commission, within one week of the receipt of the order of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of,
Citation : Ms. Bhuvneshwari Kapoor v. Punjab National Bank in Case No. CIC/MP/A/2014/001197