Names of officials who issued orders to make signage boards only in English or Hindi at some police stations in New Delhi - information for 3 sign boards which are in English and another one which is in Hindi was provided - CIC: appeal rejected24 Jan, 2014
The appellant filed an RTI application on 01.10.2012 with the CPIO, seeking information regarding sign boards of some police stations in New Delhi. The appellant wanted to know the names of officials, who issued orders to make these signage boards only in English or Hindi.
2. The PIO responded on 01.11.2012. The appellant filed an appeal before the first appellate authority (FAA) on 05.11.2013. FAA passed an order on 29.11.2012.
3 The respondent participated in the hearing. The respondent stated that the appellant is seeking information about the signages of some police station in his RTI application. The appellant wants to know why some of the signage boards were in English only.
4. The respondent stated that information has been provided by the component authority for 3 sign boards which are in English and another one which is in Hindi. The appellant has been provided the available information as per records in response to the application on 01.11.2012.
5. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
6. The respondent has taken action as per RTI Act.
7. No further action is required to be taken at the level of the Commission. Appeal is disposed off. Copy of this decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Mr. Surendra Kumar v. Delhi Police in Decision No. CIC/SS/A/2013/000703/VS/05845