Appellant sought information about departmental inquiry report against the Branch Manager for sanctioning forged KCC loan - CIC: Provide certified copies of the final order passed after the departmental inquiry and certified copy of complete KCC Loan file3 Jun, 2019
O R D E R
1. The issues under consideration arising out of the second appeal dated 25.03.2017 include non-receipt of the following information raised by the appellant through his RTI application dated 03.02.2017and first appeal dated dated nil:-
i. Certified copy of departmental inquiry report made against Shri Pawan Kumar Tiwari, the then Branch Manager of Kusumdesar (Ratangarh) for sanctioning forged KCC loan in the name of appellant.
ii. Certified copies of complete KCC loan file.
2. Succinctly facts of the case are that the appellant filed an RTI application dated 03.02.2017, under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the CPIO, Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank, Regional office, Station Raod, Churu, seeking aforesaid information. The CPIO replied to the appellant on 13.02.2017. Aggrieved by this, the appellant filed first appeal before the First Appellate Authority (FAA). The FAA disposed of the first appeal vide order dated 17.03.2017. Aggrieved by this, the appellant has filed second appeal dated 25.03.2017 before this Commission which is under consideration.
3. The appellant has filed instant appeal dated 25.03.2017 inter alia on the grounds that the CPIO has not provided complete information to him and the FAA had wrongly claimed exemption under Section 8 (1)(h) of the RTI Act. The appellant in his appeal dated 25.03.2017, has stated that a forged KCC loan of Rs. 55000/- (fifty five thousand only) has been sanction to the other person on his name by the Branch Manager, Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank, Kusumdesar (Ratangarh). Hence, the appellant requested the Commission to direct the CPIO to provide the complete information sought by him.
4. The CPIO on 13.02.2017 had stated that all the documents related to the KCC account is question had been submitted the Police Station, Ratangarh. The CPIO also expressed his inability to provide copies of documents relating to departmental inquiry against the then Branch Manager, Shri Pawan Kumar Tiwari. The FAA had held that information sought by the appellant cannot be provided as per Section 8 (1)(h) of the RTI Act.
5. The appellant was absent. The respondent Mr. Gopal Lal Meena, Regional Manager, Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank, Churu attended the hearing through video conferencing.
5. 1. The respondent submitted that all the original documents relating to the account of no. in question have been submitted to the Police Station Ratangarh. However, they have copies of the same and expressed their desire to provide the information to the appellant. They also submitted that departmental inquiry is over and punishment has been given to the concerned officer.
6. The Commission after adverting to the facts and circumstances of the case, hearing the respondent and perusal of the records, directs the respondent to provide certified copies of the final order passed after the departmental inquiry and certified copy of complete KCC Loan file to the appellant, within 15 days of receipt of this order. Accordingly, the appeal is disposed of.
Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Sher Mohammad v. Baroda Rajasthan Kshtriya Gramin Bank (BRKGB) in Second Appeal No. CIC/RUGBK/A/2017/152877, Date: 07.02.2019