Whether a person who had to carry pipelines or cable wires from one end to another end crossing the railway track was legally permissible & related guidelines and norms were sought - CIC: provide information; show cause notice issued for penalty
1. The complainant filed an application dated 25.10.2012 under the RTI Act seeking information about whether a person who had to carry pipelines or cable wires from one end to another end crossing the railway track was legally permissible and the related guidelines and norms. Copy of CPIO reply is not enclosed. Complainant filed first appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 01.12.2012. Copy of FAA’s order is not enclosed. Complainant filed this present complaint on 28.01.2013.
2. Complainant and respondent participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. Complainant referred to the various points made in the RTI application. Complainant stated that there was a situation in the residential areas near the railways track where pipelines or cable wires had to be carried from one end to another end crossing the railway track. Complainant stated that this was not permitted without taking permission from the concerned authority but, it has been continuing in the same manner in many areas. Complainant stated that in this light he had sought the information in his RTI application.
4. Complainant stated that there was delay in replying to the RTI application by the respondent.
5. Respondent stated that when they received the RTI application of the complainant they had returned the same due to certain discrepancies in the postal orders. Respondent stated that they would provide the information after collecting it from the concerned department.
6. Respondent is directed to:
(a) provide to the complainant the information sought in the RTI application;
(b) show cause why action should not be taken against the respondent for contravening the timelines prescribed in the RTI Act; and
(c) comply with the above within 30 days from this order.
The complaint is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Anup Kumar Bajpai v. North Central Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/000374/VS/07447