Whereabouts of two motorcycles seized by the police after a telephonic complaint by the appellant - PIO: matter is under investigation and action would be taken when the inquiry is over - CIC: intimate the action taken and the conclusions reached
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application (copy not available on file) with the PIO on 22.11.2011 seeking information about a quarrel reported on 18.10.2011 to the police through mobile. In all, information was sought on 5 points. The CPIO responded pointwise on 27.12.2011.
2. Not satisfied with the reply of the PIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 19.1.2012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA upheld the reply of the CPIO on 21.2.2012. The appellant approached the Commission on 30.5.2012 in second appeal.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 22.11.2011 and stated that he has only one point on which he is seeking information and that pertains to the whereabouts of the two motorcycles that were seized by the local police on 18.10.2011 after a complaint over phone was lodged by him. The appellant elaborated that he had made this complaint as some boys on two motorcycles were engaged in eve teasing. The appellant informed that the police reached the spot and apprehended all the boys and seized the motorcycles. In this background, the appellant stated, he wants the whereabouts of these two motorcycles.
4. The respondent stated that a response to the RTI application was sent on 27.12.2011 in which the position was explained. The respondent stated that this is not a new matter with the appellant and that the appellant has been informed of the status of the matter on many occasions in the past.
5. The respondent elaborated that on the basis of the complaint made by the appellant, the department looked into the question about what had happened to those two motor cycles and the department had initiated departmental inquiry against the personnel who were on duty on that day. The respondent explained that this inquiry is coming to a close and action would be taken according to the findings of the enquiry.
6. The respondent is directed to inform the appellant, within 30 days of this order, about the action by the respondent on the complaint lodged by the appellant and the conclusions reached in the matter The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri Rohit Tyagi v. Delhi Police in Decision No. CIC/SS/A/2013/002069/VS/05770