The website of South Delhi Municipal Corporation was visited in the CIC which revealed that information regarding the sealing and desealing of the properties is not uploaded - CIC: PIO directed to compile information; information to be uploaded on website
Details regarding complaints received and actions taken thereto by South Delhi Municipal Corporation – PIO: information sought is voluminous in nature, hence inspection offered - PIO claimed that information regarding sealing and desealing of properties and regarding unauthorised constructions was available on the website - the website of the Corporation was visited on a computer in the CIC which revealed that information regarding unauthorised constructions is placed on the website of the Corporation, while that pertaining to the sealing and desealing of the properties is not uploaded – CIC: PIO directed to compile information for the particular period - CIC: u/s 19(8)(a)(iii), the CIC directed the Commissioner South Delhi Municipal Corporation to upload the information regarding the sealing and desealing of properties and the current status on the official website
1. Appellant submitted RTI application dated 18 June 2012 before the CPIO, South Delhi Municipal Corporation, New Delhi seeking details regarding complaints received and actions taken thereto by the Public Authority in Ward no. 148, Madhu Vihar, Delhi through multiple points.
2. Vide Order dated 11 July 2012, CPIO informed the Appellant that information sought by him is voluminous in nature, hence, Appellant may inspect the concerned documents.
3. Appellant preferred first Appeal dated 23 August 2012 to the First Appellate Authority.
4. Vide Order dated 31 August 2012, FAA directed the CPIO to provide specific reply to the Appellant within 15 days.
5. CPIO provided additional information vide letter dated 9 October 2012 to the Appellant.
6. Being aggrieved and not being satisfied by the above response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
7. Matter was heard today. Both parties as above appeared in person and made submissions. Respondent stated that to the best of his knowledge information regarding sealing and desealing of properties and regarding unauthorised constructions was available on the website of the Corporation. Appellant contested this statement. Accordingly Commission directed both parties to visit the website of the Corporation on an Internet enabled computer in the Commission today itself and to report the factual position. Accordingly it is confirmed by the parties that while information regarding unauthorised constructions is placed on the website of the Corporation, information pertaining to the sealing and desealing of the properties is not uploaded.
8. In view of the averments of both parties and after surfing the website of the Corporation today by the Commission, it is directed that the CPIO will compile information as sought under point 3 or RTI application in respect of Ward no 148, Madhur Vihar for the period 1 January 2011 up to June 2012 and provide the same to the Appellant within four weeks of receipt of the order. This direction is given in larger public interest.
9. Through this order, Commission draws the attention of the Commissioner, South Delhi Municipal Corporation to this lacuna in the disclosure of mandated information as per the provisions of section 4 (b) of the Act. As per the powers vested in this Commission under section 19(8)(a)(iii) of the Act, Commission requires that information regarding the sealing and desealing of properties under the jurisdiction of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation along with the current status be uploaded on the official website.
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Smt. Annpurna Bhardwaj v. South Delhi Municipal Corporation in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2012/002749