Vide e-mail, the appellant informed the Commission that he does not want to pursue the present second appeal and requested to drop the proceedings in respect of his second appeal - CIC: The second appeal is dismissed as ‘Withdrawn’
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) seeking information pertaining to the courses/ training profiles of all the Assistant Commandants (GD), Deputy Commandants (GD), Second-in Commands (GD) and the Commandants (GD) presently serving in SSB, since their appointment in the SSB.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that both the CPIO and the First Appellate Authority (FAA) denied the information sought by claiming exemption under Section 24 read with the Second Schedule of the RTI Act. The appellant requested the Commission to direct the disclosure of the information sought. Hearing on 01.06.2017
3. The appellant, Shri Parag Chaturvedi, was not present despite notice. The respondent, Ms. Vijayalakshmi P.S., Section Officer, SSB, was present in person.
4. The matter could not be taken up for hearing due to paucity of time. The matter is adjourned to 06.07.2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Hearing on 06.07.2017
5. The respondent Shri Venay Kumar Singh, Assistant Director, SSB, was present in person.
6. The appellant vide his e-mail dated 05.07.2017 informed the Commission that he does not want to pursue the present second appeal and therefore, requested the Commission to drop the proceedings in respect of his second appeal.
7. The second appeal is hereby dismissed as ‘Withdrawn’.
8. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Parag Chaturvedi v. Directorate General of Sashastra Seema in Decision No. CIC/SB/A/2016/001035 Dated 06.07.2017