True copies of all the documents in UPSC dossiers along with examination form of Civil Service (Main) exams in respect of 7 candidates selected for IPS was denied on the ground that it is third party information - CIC: appeal rejected
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 7.12.2012 seeking true copies of all the documents in UPSC dossiers alongwith examination form of Civil Service (Main) exam. in respect of 7 candidates selected for IPS. The CPIO denied the information on 2.1.2013 on the ground that the information sought did not come under the purview of section 11 of the RTI Act 2005.
2. Not satisfied with the reply of the PIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 21.1.2013 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA upheld the reply of the CPIO on 4.2.2013. The appellant approached the Commission on 6.3.2013 in second appeal.
3. The appellant and the respondent both did not participate in the hearing.
4. From the material available on record, it is evident that the appellant, through his RTI application of 7.12.2012, sought copies of UPSC dossiers of seven other candidates who were selected for IPS in different years.
5. It is also evident that the information sought was denied by the CPIO on 2.1.2013 on the ground of third party information and this reply of CPIO was later upheld by the FAA on 4.2.2013.
6. The action taken by the respondent is in conformity with the provisions of the RTI Act.
7. The decision of the FAA is upheld. No further action is called for. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri Ehtesham Qutubuddin Siddiqui v. Ministry of Home Affairs in Decision No. CIC/SS/A/2013/000999/VS/05781