Third semester internal marks of the appellant were denied stating they are not available with the College - PIO: CD of internal assessment marks was sent to DU – CIC: PIO to transfer the RTI to PIO (DU) who should provide a response to the appellant
1. Vide RTI dt 6.12.12, appellant had sought information on 3 points relating to third semester internal marks of the appellant.
2. PIO, Ramjas College, vide letter dt 4.1.13, informed the appellant that the information sought is not available with the College.
3. An appeal was filed on 22.3.13.
4. PIO vide letter dt 15.5.13, provided a response.
5. Submissions made by the appellant and public authority were heard. Appellant submitted that till today, internal assessment marks for third semester have not been reflected in his marks sheet. PIO submitted that the college vide their letter dt May 7, 2012 has sent a CD of internal assessment marks to Controller of Examination, Delhi University, wherein the roll number of the appellant, Rohit Kumar, had been wrongly shown as 453878. The correct roll number of the student was 453881. PIO submits that the college has subsequently sent a corrigendum to the Controller of Examinations but was not able to produce the same before the Commission.
6. The Commission directs the PIO to transfer the RTI to CPIO, Delhi University, who should provide a response to the appellant immediately. PIO, Ramjas College will also submit to the Commission copy of letter vide which the college had issued a corrigendum to the Controller of Examinations, DU, within ten days from date of receipt of this order. The appeal is disposed of.
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Rohit Kumar v. Ramjas College, Delhi in File No.CIC/RM/A/2013/000823