The selection process, nature of responsibilities, duties, consent etc. of nine personalities announced as brand ambassadors of ‘Clean India’ movement were sought - Respondent: No file noting for this decision is available - CIC: No intervention required
Date of Hearing: 17.05.2016
Dated of Decision: 17.05.2016
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 13.10.2014 seeking information on 16 points regarding file notings/documents/correspondence relating to submissions dated 12.10.2014 ‘Clean India’ movement initiated by Hon’ble Prime Minister, etc.
2. The CPIO responded on 01.12.2014. The appellant filed first appeal dated 30.12.2014 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 18.02.2015. The appellant filed second appeal on 23.02.2015 with the Commission.
3. The appellant and the respondent both participated in the hearing.
4. The appellant stated that through his instant RTI application, he wanted to know the selection process, nature of responsibilities/ duties, consent etc. of nine personalities announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister as brand ambassadors of ‘Clean India’ movement. The appellant stated that queries are moving here and there but he has not been provided the desired information.
5. The appellant stated that respondent may be directed to put these queries before the Hon’ble Prime Minister as the Prime Minister himself is a Public Authority.
6. The respondent stated that the appellant vide Memorandums dated 24.12.2014 and 02.02.2015 was informed that his application was transferred, for point no. 1 to Department of Electronics and Information Technology vide OM dated 13.11.2014, for point no. 2 to Ministry of Urban Development, for point no. 3 to 7 and 14 ‘no such information is available on record’ for point no. 8 to 13, to Ministry of Urban Development, for point no.15 ‘information sought for not specific’ and as regard point no. 16 no such not sheet was held at the time of application was received. The respondent stated that the appellant was also advised to approach the concerned public authorities for desired information.
7. The respondent stated that Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation is the Nodal Agency of the Clean India Movement and the appellant vide letter dated 20.01.2015 was informed by it that no file notings for this decision is available in the Ministry.
8. The respondent stated that the first appellate authority vide its order dated 18.02.2015 had disposed of the first appeal having concurred with the findings of the CPIO.
9. It has to be presumed that when a reply to RTI request is given, the concerned public authority has exercised due diligence and given a correct reply. The action /steps taken by the respondent in dealing with the RTI application are satisfactory.
10. No further intervention of the Commission is required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to the parties.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Mr. Subhash Chandra Agarwal v. Prime Minister’s Office in Appeal No. CIC/CC/A/2015/001716