Schedule of thorough painting of Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge) at Kolkata - CIC: provide up to date status along with the cost at which work has been awarded and the name of the firm - reasons for delay along with the guidelines to be provided
Information regarding schedule of thorough painting of Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge) at Kolkata - CIC: provide up to date status regarding the painting along with the cost at which work has been awarded and the name of the firm - reasons for delay in taking up the painting of the Bridge to be provided along with the guidelines, if any, framed to maintain the mandated schedule at regular intervals to the Appellant
Shri Prashant Basu Ray hereinafter called the Appellant has filed the present appeal dated 23.12.2012 before the Commission against the Respondent namely Kolkata Port Trust, Kolkata. The Appellant was not present in the hearing whereas from the Respondent side CPIO Shri Paritosh Bala was present in the hearing.
2. The Appellant through the RTI application dated 03.09.2012 sought information regarding schedule of thorough painting of Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge) – Kolkata. The Appellant specifically asked 3 querries (having various sub querries) in his RTI application in respect of said matter.
3. CPIO vide letter no: Civ. /Public Information/OctoberI dated 11.10.2012 replied point wise to all the querries of RTI application of the Appellant.
4. Aggrieved with the reply of CPIO, the Appellant has filed a first appeal dated 06.11.2012 before the FAA. The Appeal has been disposed off by the FAA vide order No: Admn/Misc.737/RTI Appeal/170 dated 29.11.2012 As follows:
“…On consideration of the submission of the Appellant and the CPIO, I order that the time frame for completion of painting work may be intimated to the RTI applicant by the CPIO within a fortnight”.
In compliance with the directions of the FAA, the CPIO vide letter No: Civ. /Public Information/October2/ 1860/1734 dated 13.12.2012 replied to the Appellant as follows:
“The estimate of the ensuing thorough painting work is under financial scrutiny and the scheduled completion period of the thorough painting work is one year from the placement of work order.”
5. Being aggrieved with the reply of the FAA, Appellant has filed a present appeal before the Commission in which he states that incomplete information has been provided to him by the CPIO and the FAA.
6. During hearing before the Commission, the CPIO submits that he has already provide information on all querries as asked in the RTI application of the Appellant. The CPIO also submit that in compliance with the FAO, he also replied to the Appellant and provide information to him as directed by the FAA.
7. Submission heard and documents on file pursed. The Commission observes that the Appellant sought information on thorough painting schedule of the Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge) – Kolkata.
8. The Commission hereby directs the CPIO to provide up to date status regarding the painting of the Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge)/Kolkata along with the cost at which work has been awarded and the name of the firm. Reasons for delay in taking up the painting of the Bridge is also to be provided along with the guidelines, if any, framed to maintain the mandated schedule at regular intervals to the Appellant within 3 weeks of receipt of this order.
Citation: Shri Prashant Basu Ray v. Kolkata Port Trust in Case No: CIC/SS/A/2013/000517