Rs 10 lakh pending for recovery against guests of MP government
According to an audit report, an amount of nearly Rs. 10 lakh is pending for recovery in lieu of stay in residential accommodation of the Madhya Pradesh government. The audit report has pointed that 169 people who stayed at ‘Madhya Pradesh Bhawan’ and ‘Madhyanchal’ during 2008-12, mostly on references from politicians and officials have unpaid dues against their names.
As per the audit report dated December 13, 2012, Rs. 9,58,875 has to be recovered from the guests, who had stayed in the bhawans of the Madhya Pradesh government. The audit report takes notes of the fact that the Guests have been sent letters and reminders from time to time and they have been contacted over the phone for making the due payment.
The report names the following persons against whom room rent bills are pending:
- Puja Patidar - guest of state Industry and Commerce Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya;
- Shalu Dogra - guest of senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu;
- O P Purohit - guest of Digvijay Singh;
- Laxmi Mani Mata - guest of Vivek Tankha, Additional Solicitor General;
- BJP leader Arvind Menon
- Sanjay Singh, brother-in-law of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Surjeet Singh Chouhan, brother of Chief Minister
- Naresh Yadav, Kamlesh Yadav, Shelesh Yadav and Ajay Yadav, sons of MP Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
It is not known if the persons who figured in the list have subsequently paid the dues after the submission of the audit report. Is the state of affairs similar in other guest houses of the other state governments?