Respondents submitted that they had not received the RTI application or first appeal & had only received notice of hearing from CIC - Appellant was not present before CIC despite a written notice - CIC: copy of application provided to reply in one week
1. The appellant, Shri Salim Begh, submitted RTI application dated 7 January 2013 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Departmental of Economic Affairs, New Delhi seeking information regarding weight and market value of Gold reserve, circulation number and total value of paper currency and coin currency etc., through a total of 6 points.
2. The appellant preferred an appeal dated 21 March 2013 to the first appellate authority (FAA) when he did not receive any reply by the CPIO concerned within the stipulated time period. No order had been passed by the FAA in this case.
3. Dissatisfied with the response of the public authority, the appellant preferred appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant was not present inspite of a written notice having been sent to him. The respondents submitted that they had neither received the RTI application nor the first appeal of the appellant and they came to know only after they had received notice of hearing from CIC. The respondent further submitted that they had also checked their dak registers but the RTI application of the appellant was not found therefore they wrote to the Commission with a copy to the appellant on 29.9.2014 to provide a copy of application but the appellant did not send the same.
5. In view of the above submissions, copy of RTI application is provided to the respondents who will take action to reply within one week from the receipt of the order of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Salim Begh v. Department of Economic Affair in Appeal: No. CIC/MP/A/2014/000089