Respondent: RTI application dated 11.01.2017 was received on 05.01.2018 & information was provided - CIC: In the absence of the Speed Post tracking details of the RTI application, an enquiry regarding delay in receipt of the RTI application cannot be held
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), State Bank of India, Bokta Branch, Sahjanwa, Gorakhpur seeking information on five points pertaining to a home loan account no. 31XXXXXXX30, including, inter-alia, (i) the interest rate for the said loan amount and (ii) the method of calculation of Floating and Fixed interest rates.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that the CPIO has not provided any information to him. The appellant requested the Commission to direct the CPIO to provide the information sought for.
3. The appellant was not present despite notice. The respondent Shri Mukesh Aherwar, Chief Manager, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Gorakhpur attended the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The respondent submitted that as per the available records the RTI application dated 11.01.2017 was received in the Bokta Branch Office as well as by the CPIO, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Gorakhpur only on 05.01.2018. The respondent further submitted that pointwise information was furnished to the appellant vide letter dated 29.01.2018.
5. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of the respondent and perusing the records, notes that pointwise information was provided to the appellant vide letter dated 29.01.2018. Further, as per the respondent, the RTI application dated 11.01.2017 was received only on 05.01.2018. However, in the absence of the Speed Post tracking details relating to the RTI application, an enquiry regarding the delay in receipt of the RTI application cannot be held. The Commission, therefore, directs the respondent to file an affidavit with the Commission deposing that the RTI application dated 11.01.2017 was received at Bokta Branch Office as well as by the CPIO, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Gorakhpur only on 05.01.2018. A copy of the affidavit shall also be provided to the appellant. The above directions of the Commission shall be complied with, within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
6. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
7. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Aslam Parvej v. CPIO, State Bank of India in Second Appeal No. CIC/SBIND/A/2017/157341, Date 05.12.2018