A request for a copy of authority given to Shri Shoke to attend court cases from Railway side, details of work he had done and details of railway passes provided to him etc. was sought - CIC: Information involves work performed on official duty
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 16-9-2014 requesting for a copy of authority given to Shri Shoke to attend court cases from Railway side, copy of provision under which he was provided "On Duty'' railway pass with validity of more than three days to attend KYN Civil Court in criminal case, dates and days of marked attendance for the last 8 years in the court and type of cases he is fighting in the court, details of work he had done for the last 8 years for railways, details of railway passes provided to him for the last 8 years and other related issues.
2. The PIO responded on 22-9-2014 informing the appellant that the RTI application had been transferred to the Sr. DCM (CSTM) & Sr. DCM (Bhuswal). The Sr. DCM(CSTM) and Sr. DCM (Bhuswal) responded on 7-l-2O15. The appellant filed an appeal before the FAA on 10-12-2014. The FAA responded on 12lL5-1-2015 Not satisfied with the decision, the appellant filed a second appeal with the Commission on l9-2-2O17.
3. The respondent participated in the hearing. The appellant did not participate in the hearing. 4. On point 1 and 2 of the RTI application the respondent stated that the information sought by the appellant is third party information, therefore they have denied the same. For remaining points, the respondent stated that they have replied to the appellant. The respondent said that the FAA, vide letter No.BB/C/302/RTI/SEP-1272/PER/ENG/1st app dated 15.1.2015 has provided to the appellant documents containing 6 pages.
5. The respondent should provide information to the appellant on point 1 and 2 of the RTI application as it involves works performed on official duty and hence cannot be treated as personal or third party information.
6. The respondent is directed to provide information to the appellant in context of the RTI application within 15 days of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Sh. Manohar S. Kadam V. Ccntral Railway in Appeal No.CIC/VS/A/2015/000417, Date of Decision: 16-12-2016