Rajasthan Royals and RCA together owe over Rs 4.5 Crores to Police
A reply to a
The Rajasthan Cricket Association owes Rs 3.98 crore, while the Rajasthan Royals, the IPL team owned by Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra, owe Rs. 50.99 lakh. The dues of the Rajasthan Royals were for security arrangements made for the IPL teams during the 2011 series. The breakup of the amount that the RCA owed was reported as under:
1. Rs 1.14 crore for Champions Trophy matches in 2006,
2. Rs 17.87 lakh for a one-day match between India and South Africa on 21st Feb. 2010,
3. Rs 83.60 lakh for IPL matches in 2010,
4. Rs 2.22 lakh for a one-day match between India and New Zealand on 1st Dec. 2010, and
5. Rs 1.79 crore for IPL matches in 2011.
This raises an important issue – are dues pending against other state police? And if yes, what is stopping them from recovery?