Provision under which fruit trolley was converted to catering trolley, validity of catering contract & its effective date was sought - Respondent: not aware how the vending stalls were converted into catering trolleys - CIC: No further action is required
1. The complainant filed an application dated 29.02.2012 under the RTI Act seeking information regarding the provision under which fruit trolley was converted to catering trolley, validity of the catering contract, and effective date of catering contract. Copy of CPIO’s reply is not enclosed. Complainant filed first appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 24.12.2012. Copy of FAA’s order is not enclosed. Complainant filed this present complaint on 25.03.2013.
2. Respondent was present before the Commission.
3. Respondent referred to the RTI application of the complainant and stated that the complainant was seeking information regarding the provision under which fruit trolley was converted to catering trolley, validity of the catering contract, and effective date of catering contract.
4. Respondent stated that in 2005 the respondent organisation transferred the vending stalls to IRCTC and in 2010 they were returned to the respondent organisation as catering trolleys. Respondent stated that the vending stalls were not allowed to sell cooked foods and the catering trolleys could cook food outside the railways premises and sell it. Respondent stated that conversion of vending stalls to catering trolleys was a kind of upgradation.
5. Respondent stated that they were not aware how the vending stalls were converted into catering trolleys but they believe that permission must have been taken from the concerned authority.
6. Respondent stated that they had provided the information to the complainant on 14.10.2014.
7. Respondent stated that no further information was to be provided to the appellant.
8. Complainant did not participate in the hearing.
9. No further action is required to be taken in the matter at the level of the Commission. The complaint is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Vinod Kumar v. Ministry of Railway, Railway Board in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/000949/VS/08202