Processing of complaint filed against an Air India agent for fraudulently charging higher amount for Air Ticket - PIO: agent restrained from issuance of Air India Ticket till further orders - CIC: provide authenticated copy of findings and restraint order
Information regarding processing of complaint filed against an Air India agent for fraudulently charging higher amount for Air Ticket – PIO informed that the agent has been restrained from issuance of Air India Ticket till further order – CIC: provide an authenticated copy of document containing the findings and copy of order withdrawing the authority conferred on said agent for issuing Air India ticket
The present appeal, filed by Shri Bhagirath Godara against Air India, was taken up for hearing on 01.10.2013 when the Respondents were present through Shri Bansi Lal, AO (Pers.). The Appellant was, however, not present.
2. The Appellant through his RTI application dated 24.05.2012 sought certain information (like, action taken on complaint; copy of enquiry report etc.) regarding processing of complaint filed against an Air India agent, namely, ‘The Classic Tours & Travels, Jaipur’ for fraudulently charging higher amount (than the prescribed one by Air India) in respect of Air Ticket No. 0583876715108 dated 17.12.2009, issued in favour of his wife, Smt. Urmila Godara.
3. The CPIO vide his letter dated 28.06.2012 furnished point wise reply to the Appellant, while also informing him that after conducting an enquiry on the matter, the agent (against whom complaint was made) has been restrained from issuance of Air India Ticket w.e.f. 19042012 till further order by imposing capping penalty for having issued consolidated single document.
4. The Appellant thereafter filed an appeal dated 08.08.2012 before the Appellate Authority stating that information in respect of point No. 3 (copy of enquiry report) and point No. 5 (copy of letter to the agent withdrawing his authority) has not been given to him.
5. The Appellate Authority decided this appeal vide his order dated 23.08.2012 holding that requisite information as per provisions of RTI Act has been provided to the Appellant by the CPIO.
6. The Appellant thereafter filed the present appeal before the Commission requesting for disclosure of information in respect of point No. 3 & 5 of his RTI application.
7. Having heard the submissions and perused the records, the Commission hereby directs the CPIO to provide to the Appellant an authenticated copy of document containing the findings of the public authority in respect of the complaint in question, and an authenticated copy of letter/order withdrawing the authority conferred on said agent for issuing Air India ticket. This information is to be provided to the Appellant within 2 weeks of receipt of this order.
8. Appeal is allowed.
Citation: Shri Bhagirath Godara v. Air India in Case No. CIC/SS/A/2013/000129