Procedure adopted by the Commission in fixing up the hearings of the appeals / complaints and prioritization, if any – current status of various appeals filed in 2009 – registrar to speak to the appellant telephonically for disposal on priority basis
1. In the RTI application dated 22.06.2012, the appellant had raised two issues. The first issue is regarding procedure adopted by the Commission in fixing up the hearings of the appeals and complaints and prioritization, if any, thereof. The second issue is regarding the status of a large number of appeals filed by him with this Commission.
2. Shri Shreyaskar submits that the decision of the Commission on “Norms and procedure for according priority to appellants in hearing appeals/complaints filed before the Commission” was communicated to the appellant through his letter dated 25.07.2012, along with other information. However, as regards the current status of various appeals purported to have been filed by the appellant, Shri Shreyaskar submits that appeals are mostly of 2009 vintage and would have been decided by in ordinary course.
3. Even so, Shri Shreyaskar is directed to speak to the appellant on telephone and ascertain from him as to whether any of the appeals filed by him is still pending in the Commission so as to enable the Commission so as to ensure their disposal on priority basis.
4. Shri Shreyaskar has spoken to the appellant and has advised advised him to fax the appeal numbers which are still pending in the Commission. Shri Shreyaskar would put up the fax before the Commission as soon as he receives it for orders.
5. As directed, Shri Shreyaskar spoke to the appellant over his mobile number i.e. 09928613037. In response to this, he received an e-mail from Shri Badala listing details of 16 appeals/ Diary Numbers which are said to be pending before various registries of this Commission. The details of the numbers are reproduced below :
Appeals pending in CIC as on 23.05.2013
Citation: Shri Hukum Raj Badala v. Central Information Commission in File No:CIC/LS/C/2012/002571