PIO: The police officers holding the phone nos. have refused to part with any information of CDR hence, it cannot be provided - CIC: This is an adequate reply - PIO did not attend the hearing - CIC: Show cause issued for denying information
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 07.09.2015 seeking Call Details Record (CDR) of the mobile and telephone nos. of various police officers as mentioned in the RTI application with regard to allegation of his involvement in a bribery case.
2. The CPIO responded on 06.10.2015. The appellant filed first appeal dated 23.10.2015. The FAA response is not on record. The appellant filed second appeal on 08.03.2016 before the Commission on the ground that information should be provided to him.
3. Both the parties were absent. The person who appeared as appellant’s representative did not possess the authority letter of Shri Danish and, therefore his presence was ignored.
4. From the records, it is seen that the CPIO has informed the appellant that the police officers holding the phone nos. have refused to part with any information of CDR. Hence, they are unable to provide CDR. This is an adequate reply.
5. Full information has been provided.
6. No further intervention of the Commission is required in the matter.
7. The respondent is directed to show cause, within 30 days from the date of receipt of this order, why action should not be taken against him for trying to deny information by not attending the hearing. The appeal is disposed of.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Shekh Danish v. BSNL in Appeal No. CIC/BS/A/2016/000819, Date of Decision: 08.06.2017