PIO pleaded guilty for demanding a sum of Rs. 8 & assured that henceforth information warranting documents less than 10 pages will be provided free of cost - CIC: Provide complete, revised & point-wise information to the appellant as certified copies
1. The appellant sought information pertaining to
(1) Agenda items from the meeting of Management Council held on 18.12.2017.
(2) Details of number of Work Schedules that were shut down and why? With proper justification.
(3)Minutes of the meeting.
(4) How much of the projects and testing fees in addition to the total remittances in the financial year 2016-17 and 2017-18 were paid by Dr. Pradeep Kumar Singh, Director of Mining and Fuel Research Institute, Dhanbad.
The CPIO replied on 08.02.2018 and stated that the partial information is available in 4 pages and kindly obtain it by paying Rs. 8 only and the rest cannot be provided under the section 8(1) (a) and (d) of the RTI Act. The FAA replied on 19.04.2018 and upheld the CPIO’s reply. Being dissatisfied, the appellant approached this Commission.
2. The officer pleaded guilty for demanding a sum of Rs. 8 and also assured that henceforth information warranting documents less than 10 pages will be provided free of cost to the concerned applicants.
3. In view of the above, the Commission directs the respondent authority to provide complete, revised and point-wise information to the appellant in the form of certified copies, within 5 days from the date of receipt of this Order.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Ashok Kumar Mishra v. PIO, CMRID in CIC CIC/CMRID/A/2018/131860, Date of Decision–09.07.2018