PIO: Due to oversight, the action taken on the appellant’s representation dated 25.08.2011 instead of 27.08.2011 was provided - CIC took a serious note of this lapse & counselled the PIO to be more careful in future so that such lapses do not recur
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Central Information Commission (CIC) seeking information on the action taken on his representation dated 27.08.2011 addressed to the Chief Information Commissioner.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that misleading information was provided to him by the respondent as information pertaining to a representation dated 25.08.2011 instead of 27.08.2011 was provided to him.
3. The appellant was not present despite notice. The respondent Ms. Pushpa Janardhanan, CPIO, Dak Section, Central Registry, CIC was present in person.
4. The respondent submitted that due to oversight, the action taken on the appellant’s representation dated 25.08.2011 instead of 27.08.2011 was provided. The respondent tendered her unconditional apology for this lapse and requested the Commission to condone the same.
5. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of the respondent and perusing the records, observes that correct information has not been provided as the appellant had sought information pertaining to his representation dated 27.08.2011. However, the respondent had provided the information pertaining to a representation dated 25.08.2011. The Commission takes a serious note of this lapse and counsels the CPIO to be more careful in future so that such lapses do not recur. Further, the Commission directs the respondent to provide the action taken on the appellant’s representation dated 27.08.2011 to him within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
6. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
7. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Deep Chandra Sharma v. Central Information Commission Decision No. CIC/SB/A/2016/001157 Dated 05.07.2017