Part of the information about pay fixation was not provided - CIC: The PIO was directed to provide the information and to show cause why action should not be taken against him for trying to deny information by not attending the hearing
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 26.8.2013 seeking information/ document related to: AS(FA) and Finance Division, MEA approval note wherein his pay scale was re-fixed (reduced) from Rs. 5500-9000/- P.M. to Rs. 4000- 6000/- p.m. in 5th Pay Commission; AS(FA) and Finance Division, MEA approval note wherein pay scale of Mr. Ajay Singh Khathait, Jr. Accountant was fixed as Rs. 5000-8000/- P.M. in 2006 in 5th Central Pay Commission(CPC); reasons for granting higher pay scale to Mr. Ajay Singh Khathait, Jr. Accountant as Rs. 5000-8000/- p.m. in 5th CPC and reduced pay scale to Mr. Dharam Pal, Accountant as Rs. 4000-6000/- p.m. etc.
2. The CPIO responded on 25.9.2013. The appellant filed First Appeal dated 22.10.2013 with First Appellate Authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 11.11.2013. The appellant filed second appeal on 28.1.2014 before the Commission on the ground that information should be provided to him.
3. The appellant participated in the hearing personally. The respondent did not participate in the hearing.
4. The appellant referred to the RTI application dated 26.8.2013 and stated that information on following points has not been provided to him:
1b) AS (FA) and Finance Division, MEA approval note of Mr. Ajay Singh Khathait, Jr. Accountant in which his pay sale was fixed as Rs.5000-8000/- P.M. in 2006 in 5th Central Pay Commission.
2d) copy of the rules and regulations under which Mr. Ajay Singh Khathait was appointed as Jr. Accountant in place of Accounts Clerk.
3c) the date and mode of advertisement through which appointment of Mr. Ajay Singh Khathait was made and was there any Selection Committee at that time which approves the appointment of the above said Jr. Accountant. Specify the details.
5. The respondent should provide information to the appellant as per para 4 above within 15 days of receipt of this order. Decision:
6. The respondent is directed to take action as per para 5 above.
7. The respondent is also directed to show cause why action should not be taken against him for trying to deny information by not attending the hearing.
The appeal is disposed of.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Mr. Dharam Pal v. Indian Council of World Affairs in Appeal No. CIC/VS/A/2014/000291 Date of Decision: 2.3.2017