Official attitude on RTI Act, 2005 is not up to the mark
I am Suganchandra Jain, trying my level best to get various types of information from various organisation, in the interest of transparent working system. My experience for the last 4 years as under:-
1. Concerned officials are taking RTI Act very lightly and not interested in supplying the information.As per my perception RTI Act has become a mockery.
2. Generally officials are trying to deny the information, taking the plea that the information asked for are covered under exempted clause of RTI Act-2005.
3. In some cases officials are taking the plea that they are not suppose to furnish the information in QUESTION/ANSWER form. They can supply the photo copy of existing documents or in the form in which the document(s) is/are available in their organisation/department.
4. Information supplied is/are in ambiguous manner.When clarification is/are asked for clarity,they take the plea that they are not suppose to clarify the doubts.
5. When the matter is referred to the first APPELLATE AUTHORITY, generally the FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY ditto the information given by the PIO/CPIO.
6. After reply from FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY one has to submit appeal to the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC). It is well known that there are good number of cases pending with CIC which are getting delayed very much. As per my perception " INFORMATION DELAYED LOOSES THE STRENGTH/CHARM".