The norms of the working hours & teaching hours of the faculty working in the Advanced Training Institutes under DGT was sought- CIC: PIO, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to show-cause why maximum penalty should not be imposed on him
1. The complainant filed RTI application seeking the following information:
(1) the norms of the working hours and teaching hours/ week of the following faculty working in the Advanced Training Institutes under DGT according to their grade
(2) whether uniform teaching hours load distribution among staff/ officers of ATIs under DGT
(3) Whether staff time table indicating total teaching hours/ week is maintained in ATIs,
(4) As per revised syllabus Aug 2014, Trainer qualification, batch size and infrastructure is followed in ATIs while conducting CITS course of each trade.
(5) Whether Vocational Instructors of DGT as per norms are allowed to conduct theory and practical classes of CITS engineering trade courses
(6) Name, Designation with trade, Qualification, Posting Unit of the Assistant Directors, Training Officers and Vocational Instructors of DGT with ITI Qualification handling CITS engineering trade courses
(7) Norms of Minimum requirement of Designation, Minimum Educational qualification & experience required for the faculty, who are dealing CITS course Workshop calculation and science and Engineering Drawing, Principle of Teachings, Draughtsman Mechanical, Draughtsman- Civil, Turner, Fitter; and such other norms for faculty and training officers for vocational courses. Since no information was received, the complainant approached this Commission.
2. The Commission directs the respondent authority to furnish the information sought by the appellant within 21 days from the date of receipt of this Order. Further, the Commission directs the CPIO, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to show-cause why maximum penalty should not be imposed on him/her for not responding to the RTI application, within 30 days from the date of receipt of this Order.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Badal v. PIO, MSD&E in CIC/MSD&E/C/2017/135747 Decided on: 22.05.2017