Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta detects over Rs 300 crore of illegal wealth
As per a letter cop of which was obtained by Ajay Dubey, member of Transparency International, Madhya Pradesh the Lokayukta in the state has made spectacular cases against corrupt government officials. As per the letter written by the then Secretary of Lokayukta M K Pal, to state government's principal secretary in April 2013, the Lokayukta has:
· made a seizure of about Rs 787 crore between 2010-12,
· registered 678 cases between 2009 and April 2013.
Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Justice (retd) Prakash Prabhakar Naolekar said that:
· between June 29, 2009 and April 30, 2014 the Lokayukta has booked 146 cases related to Disproportionate Assets (DA) involving an amount of Rs 303 crore,
· state Lokayukta has registered 891 trap cases,
· during February 1982 and March 2013, the Lokayukta has registered 704 cases and detected or seized properties worth Rs 417.27 crore.
The letter was written informing the state government about a tour to Finland and Sweden by Lokayukta officials to study anti-corruption system there. The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta has been in news for making a large number of cases against officials including senior officers like IPS officer and State Joint Director (Industries).
The Madhya Pradesh government has punished 4,280 gazetted and non- gazetted officials between February 1982 and March 2013 on recommendations of Lokayukta for their alleged involvement in corruption.