The list of legal representative who represented RBI before the CIC was sought - Respondent: No record maintained as to which officer would attend the hearing in matter before CIC & even the changes were made at last moment - CIC: Decision upheld
1. The appellant, Dr. T S Nazreth, submitted RTI application dated 6 December 2013 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai seeking information regarding list of CIC decisions during the period 1 January 2013 to 30 September 2013 related to second appeals with respect to responses from any CPIO, RBI containing date of decision, id of decision, RBI department, name and designation of officers from legal department etc., through a total of 5 points.
2. Vide reply dated 19 December 2013, the CPIO denied the information stating that the desired information was not held by us in compiled form and compilation of the same would disproportionately divert the resources of public authority in terms of section 7(9) An information shall ordinarily be provided in the form in which it is sought unless it would disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question. of the RTI Act, 2005, however as regards to information sought under point 1 to 4 the information can be obtained from CIC website. Not satisfied with the decision of CPIO, the appellant preferred first appeal dated 20 January 2013 before the first appellate authority (FAA) alleging that he had not been given the desired information. Vide order dated 11 February 2013, the FAA upheld the decision of CPIO.
3. Dissatisfied with the response of the public authority, the appellant preferred appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant submitted that he wanted the list of legal representative who represented RBI before the Central Information Commission. The respondents submitted that they do not maintain any record as to which officer would attend the hearing in matter before CIC and even the changes were made at last moment.
5. The Commission accepts the submission of the respondents and upholds the decision of respondents. The appeal is disposed of. This also disposes of the appeal no. CIC/MP/A/2014/1143 seeking identical information.
Citation: Dr. T S Nazreth v. Reserve Bank of India in Appeal No. CIC/MP/A/2014/001142, CIC/MP/A/2014/001143