List of beneficiaries of agricultural loan waiver scheme for 2008-09 was sought - Bank: list was put up on the notice board during that period - CIC: Provide the list of beneficiaries sought to the appellant within 7 days of the receipt of the order
1. The appellant submitted RTI application dated March 22, 2013 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Punjab National Bank, Bareilly; seeking the list of farmers of Village Mohamadpur whose agriculture loan had been waived under the Central Govt, Scheme etc.; through a total of 3 points.
2. The appellant preferred an appeal dated May 17, 2013 to the first appellate authority (FAA) when he did not receive any reply within the stipulated time period from the CPIO concerned. Vide reply dated May 23, 2013; the CPIO furnished point wise reply to the appellant. Not satisfied with the CPIO’s reply, the appellant again preferred an appeal dated June 20, 20143to the first appellate authority (FAA). No order had been passed by the FAA in this case.
3. Dissatisfied with the response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant was not present during the hearing in spite of a written notice being sent to him. The respondents submitted that they had provided an appropriate reply to the appellant. He stated that the appellant had sought information in point 1 pertaining to the list of beneficiaries of agricultural loan waiver scheme for the year 2008-09 for which they had replied that list was put up on their notice board during that period. In point 2, the appellant had sought rules/guideline regarding the loan waiver scheme which they had provided and in point 3, the appellant had sought information regarding his loan account details which also they had provided to the appellant.
5. The Commission accepts the respondent’s submissions on point 2 & 3 but directs him to provide the list of beneficiaries sought in point 1 to the appellant within 7 days of the receipt of the order of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Ramesh Chandra v. Punjab National Bank in Appeal No. CIC/MP/A/2014/001097