Information was sought about the TA bill of a certain official of the BSF and related issues - no reply was provided - Appellant alleged that an official of the BSF has falsely claimed TA bill by presenting fake documents - CIC: provide the information
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 12.7.2013 seeking information about the TA bill of a certain official of the BSF and related issues. The appellant filed an appeal before the first appellate authority (FAA) on 25.8.2013. The appellant filed a second appeal with the Commission on 25.11.2013.
2. The appellant and respondent did not participate in the hearing.
3. From the material on record, it appears that the appellant in his RTI application of 12.7.2013 has sought a copy of transfer TA bill along with all documents submitted like truck bill, receipt of truck owner, details of materials transported, individual fare tickets etc. by IRLA 40801148 in context of a certain named officer during the course of a permanent posting/transfer during the month of October 2011.
4. There is no response from the respondent organization on this matter. The allegation in the RTI application is that an official of the respondent organization has falsely claimed TA bill by presenting fake documents. The appellant has alleged that in this manner public funds have been misused fraudulently. There is an allegation of corruption in this RTI application for which specific documents have been sought. In this light, the information sought in the RTI application should be made available to the appellant.
5. The respondent is directed to provide information to the appellant as sought in his RTI application of 12.7.2013 within 30 days of this order. Appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri S.Bhaskaran v. HQ DG BSF in Decision No.CIC/SS/A/2013/002966/VS/07618