Information in relation to clearance of Ministry of Coal for expansion of power plant to M/s Jindal Power Ltd - CIC: as the original files have been seized by CBI, matter adjourned sine die with the liberty to revive the appeal at an appropriate stage
1. The appellant is not present for the hearing. The respondent is being represented by Shri Ram Naresh (Section Officer).
2. The appellant field an RTI application dated 1.4.2011 seeking information in relation to permission /clearence of Ministry of Coal for expansion of 4x600 MW TPP/2x600 MW TPP in favour of M/s Jindal Power Ltd in coal mine area Gare- Palama Sector – I allotted to Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation. On non receipt of any reply, the appellant filed first appeal dated 14.9.2011. The first appellate authority held as under : "As the information as available was given to the applicant and the applicant has not made out any specific lapse, the appeal is dismissed. The appeal is disposed off accordingly."
3. The appellant has filed second appeal on the grounds that the CPIO has made a false claim before the first appellate authority and that no information has been provided to him till date.
4. However, the respondent has filed on record, reply dated 21.2.2011 in relation to RTI application dated 28.1.2011 wherein the copy of allocation letter dated 20.6.1996 of Gare Palma IV/I coal block allocated to M/s Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. and some information has been provided to the appellant.
5. During the hearing, the respondent has filed written submissions as under: "and to say that the original files pertaining to the RTI applications and first appeal of Shri Ramesh Agarwal, Raigarh has since been seized by the Central Bureau of Investigation on 21.10.2013 and 22.10.2013 in connection with their ongoing inquiry into alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks. In absence of original files, CIC is requested to defer the hearing on 5.11.2013 at 11.00 am till the return of the original files."
6. In view of the fact that the original file concerning the appellant's RTI applications have been seized by CBI, the matter shall be adjourned sine die with the liberty to revive the present appeal at an appropriate stage.
Citation: Ramesh Agarwal v. Ministry of Coal in Case No. CIC/SS/A/2012/901536